Dealing with a broken garage door can be a hassle. Fortunately, most common garage door problems can be fixed relatively quickly as long as you hire a qualified company to do the job. In terms of garage door repair Arlington Heights has some of the best companies in the business.
Just like any other mechanical system in your home, without regular maintenance, your garage door can break down. Some signs that your door is in need of repair include the following:
1. The door only opens or closes partway. Alternatively, the door may come partway down, then open back up again. This typically means that there is some sort of problem with the sensors.
2. The door makes squeaking or popping noises as it opens and closes. This is generally a sign that the bearings or rollers need some attention. They may just need to be lubricated, or they may need to be replaced all together.
3. The door opens extremely slowly. This problem usually relates to the spring. The spring may be worn down or broken, making it difficult for the door to raise.
4. The door won’t budge one way or the other. Oftentimes this is simply because you need new batteries in your remote. However, it can also indicate a problem with the keypad.
5. The garage door opens and closes on its own. No, chances are you don’t have ghosts. Instead, this is usually caused by interference from a radio signal or someone else’s garage door opener. It could also be a bad circuit board or a problem with your remote.
The best way to determine what is wrong with your garage door is to contact a qualified repair company. Fortunately, if you are in need of fast, effective garage door repair Arlington Heights has plenty to offer.